Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Firewall Recommendations

I'm looking for a firewall can be opensource or commercial to help my friend. He owns a hotel and offers free wifi to guest. Well he just got his first DMCA letter from his ISP. He reached out to me because I am a system administrator. So I'm familiar with some networking but not a lot. I'm looking for a good firewall that can handle about 200mbps or more throughput. That's the easy part but this firewall would need to be able to prevent users from downloading and uploading torrent and streaming illegal content. This is fairly hard since most torrents now use any port that's open and are encrypted. Another alternative is for him to just go to his ISP and say that they are technically just a provider like them and fall under Safe Harbor and they do not store the illegal content. Another alternative was to use a simple firewall and use a VPN service.



No comments:

Post a Comment