Friday, July 3, 2020

Fiberstore/whitebox switches - Support?

Hi,I've noticed this:https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/7bhq69/fiberstore_switches_anyone_have_a_review/

And well a lot of people on the internet suggesting that their reviews are very bot-ty, and don't necessarily reflect real-world examples. I did, however, find this:

https://blog.kroy.io/2019/01/30/a-new-switch-for-a-new-day/

I'm struggling to find "real" reviews on these switches. I have no reason to believe that their transceivers are anything short of excellent, and you don't really "need" support on those, but switches are something you'd definitely want support on in the enterprise, even if is just firmware updates.

I've yet to know how they even compare "properly" given their dodgy marketing campaigns. In addition to that, there's general whitebox switches too. I guess I'd probably still be rather wary of these when it comes to core/distribution, but again surely you could just buy two and not care?



No comments:

Post a Comment