Thursday, July 16, 2020

Do I need a license for this? How do I find out?

I Have a project where we've been asked to provide WiFi to a very large campus area and I'm looking at using a Ubquiti RocketPrismAC with a sector antenna (It appears I may also be able to get away with a PrismStationAC or LiteAP AC but overengineering this may be preferred) mounted on the roof of one of the buildings in the grounds which, in turn, will establish point to multipoint connections.

What I can't figure out is if I need to get licensing of some sorts to use this rocketprism antenna, and I'm not entirely certain how I would find out. It's 5GHz so it isn't a microwave dish but has a high signal output and is covering a reasonably large area.

I'm In Dallas, TX. Not even sure where to start trying to figure it out



No comments:

Post a Comment