Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Different Public IP per TCP/UDP Session. From one of Venezuela's ISPs.

Hey guys,

It's the first time I see this, I friend of mine who is living in Venezuela sent me the video in the link below. His ISP is giving him a private IP address, but its Carrier Grade NAT solution is assigning him a different public IP address per TCP/UDP session, a Dynamic PAT but for a Carrier Grade NAT solution, a first for me.

https://streamable.com/tou1vu

Has anybody seen this in your countries? I live in Canada and I work for a Service Provider, that's not a practice used here.

We are also assuming they will not configure a timeout for the session as it would be very disruptive since each session will have a new public IP, but to be honest I don't think that would surprise me at this point.

Any thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment