Friday, July 24, 2020

Cisco router 1921 help

I have just begun my studies and while I have thought I wasdoing good on the book part as soon as I got my hands on real equipment that all changed. I have a 1921 main unit that has an ethernet cable from my providers router running in on GE0/1. I assigned DHCP to that port and its showing up on my router as a connected device. However on GE0/0 I have an ethernet cable running from it to an HP server. I configured the settings on that port for dhcp to get an address assigned. Both ports are listed as up. The GE0/0 port that is plugged into my server is not getting a connection. Its getting a limited connection with no internet. I plugged the ethernet from my providers router into the server and I got internet access immediately. Can someone explain to me what I am doing that is causing the limited connection with no internet? Many Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment