Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Cisco FN - 70489 - Expired Cerrt

Hi, I've seen multiple discussions on Cisco FN - 70489 but none that detail the solution after updating.

Link for background: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/704/fn70489.html

I have updated my IOS-XE to a non affected version (16.9.5) but it does say "After you upgrade the software, you must regenerate the self-signed certificate"

There are commands provided in the workaround sections, but nothing on how to regenerate this specific "Router Self-Signed Certificate."

The Certificate is a "General Purpose" self-signed in nvmram:IOS-Self-Sig#1.cer.

I've only ever generated key pairs and I'm having a hard time Googling this one. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Appreciate the help.



No comments:

Post a Comment