Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Cisco AireOS-based WLC and IPv6: Do mentioned restrictions apply to us?

Hi

We have 2 3504 in an SSO HA mode, currently we are on AireOS 8.5 but I'm regularly checking the caveats list for 8.10 since that is likely the last major release train of AireOS given the new WLCs are based on IOS-XE.

I'm planning on introducing IPv6 in our wireless network and I'm reading up on Cisco documentation. I've come across the wireless LAN configuration guide from Cisco and saw the IPv6 mobility restrictions. There Cisco writes: "The Dynamic VLAN function for IPv6 is not supported".
Dynamic VLAN is definitely something we are using and sending according reply attributes from our FreeRADIUS server to the WLCs.

However I'm uncertain if the restrictions apply in my setup since the 2 3504 are not running independently and there is no mobility group shared with other Cisco WLCs - so we shouldn't be affected?

I've not found similar references to IPv6 in the guide for IOS-XE based controllers so they must have fixed some IPv6-related things with the move to IOS-XE.



No comments:

Post a Comment