Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Build a Foundation or Focus on Specialization

I'm planning out my career path but am uncertain about what route I should take. It might be that I'm overthinking it or that it doesn't matter either way but I'd like some input.

Currently, I've worked as a Network Engineer for ~1.5 years with about 3 years of network experience in my previous role, have a network-oriented Bachelor's, and have CCNA, CCNA Security, and CCDA.

I'm currently thinking about specializing in automation but obviously want to know the fundamentals as well. I plan to get my CCNP Encor (w/ enauto and possibly enarsi concentrations), CCNP Devnet, and CCNP-DC. My question is one of order: should I focus on the CCNP encor first and then specialization or would it make more sense to get a start on my specialization first such as learning Python, Ansible, etc since thats what I will, hopefully, be spending most of my time doing. Or does it not matter? Either way will take a somewhat significant amount of time to really focus and get good at.

Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment