Saturday, June 27, 2020

Windows devices on a LAN

I have a stupid question. I’m 99% sure the answer is yes but let’s say you have a network with a few Windows computers on it. You want to map a device as a network drive or connect to one of the windows computers for a shared printer or access shared folders you work on with that person or whatever. When you connect to it you can specify who you’re connecting to by hostname or internal IP, correct? As in, I could map something as //DESKTOP-12345/path to whatever you want or printer or 192.168.0.123/path to whatever you want or printer? I basically know for a fact you can because I’ve done it at home and it works and I can’t see why it wouldn’t still work since the hostname and IP both point towards the same device but I just need a sanity check.



No comments:

Post a Comment