Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Very basic cisco networking question

I set this up a couple of years ago and I forgot the answer to my question.

I have an AP on my network that is plugged into switchport 1/0/9:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/9 description AP1 switchport mode trunk power inline never 

I run pfsense as my router. The network that AP1 is on is vlan 35. That switchport config is below:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2 description pfsense-trunk switchport mode trunk power inline never 

In this case, everything is working as I expected it to work, the wireless device that I have connected to AP1 is getting an IP on vlan 35, but the AP itself is getting an IP from my regular network, which is what I want, but I'm not sure how it is able to get an IP from my regular network because I haven't set a native VLAN ID on the switchport with the AP. Is there a default native ID being used?

I don't deal with cisco day to day, I set up this network to learn more about cisco, this isn't a production environment.

Thanks.

EDIT- resolved native vlan ID 1 is being used on the trunk, by default.



No comments:

Post a Comment