Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Thoughts on how to setup a remote (read only) screen for teams stats

Hey r/networking

I hope you can help me out with a rather funky request I have a ticket for.

I had a request from a manager where I work, this request is to have a PC in the office (well its screen contents) be viewable from within the network and be read only.

This is for teams stats, ticket numbers etc that is already setup and it is net connected and working. This is for remote workers to view the stats and has to be read only and only available on the internal network (VPN users included)

I have a theory about setting up a remote session, and setting a DNS record (internal) so users can access from a browser.

The issue I am having is understanding how to setup the cast itself though and any considerations I might need whilst doing this.

What I have:

Windows 10 pro PC - medium specs with older i5 and 8GB RAM in a desktop

Full access to DNS server (to setup an internal address rather than giving end users an IP)

A rather beefy Vsphere environment (so I can cast to a machine/webserver rather than all the try to connect to the PC itself)

What I don't have:

Enough caffeine in my system...

Any software or tips on how to set this up would be great.

It will be about 30 people who would access this so it is not a good idea to have them connect direct to the PC and it has to be read only as end users are end users and will mess with stuff if given the chance.

Thanks in advance,

My Friend John



No comments:

Post a Comment