Monday, June 8, 2020

SSH and HTTPS Keypairs on Catalyst Equipment

So I am in the process of turning Telnet off network wide.

I have a couple of devices I stupidly locked myself out of while doing this process, because the keypair generation failed and I scripted transport input ssh to disable telnet. So now I can only access via SSH but there is no keypair.

However, I waited about a day and then magically I could get in. So all I can figure is there must be some timer where the device auto creates self signed keypairs as a failsafe to this. What's interesting though is I had someone power cycle one of the other units I messed up and that one didn't allow me in. I would have thought that if there is a timer, power cycling the device would reset it.

Does anyone know if that is true?



No comments:

Post a Comment