Saturday, June 6, 2020

Small Site Firewalls

I'm wondering what everyone's deploying as a small site (sub-10 users) FW nowadays. We've only had site FWs when we've inherited them from acquisitions, and only until we got them on MPLS or OWS circuits. I've still got those sitting in a drawer, but they're Sonicwall TZ200s which I think have been discontinued and aren't gig capable.

I've got a site coming up which will be off-net and the FW will just needs to be gig capable. I'm not so keen on using ISP provided equipment to do firewalling, even though the production ruleset is bound to be pretty basic - and I'm not entirely sure it'll be site-to-site VPN capable if we go that route down the line. It'll be sitting in front of a C3750x or 3850, so port density on the FW is not a factor.



No comments:

Post a Comment