Thursday, June 11, 2020

SDN Faucet controller config file edit (wildcard size)

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find the faucet SDN controller config file to change the wildcard size of the controller.

Faucet is somewhat like the Ryu SDN controller and I can't find any details on how to change the config of the faucet controller, nor the Ryu controller.

I am researching a (D)DoS using mininet and the faucet controller. I came across a hping3 script which sends every second like 17.000 packets. Now when I look with Wireshark at the connection between mininet and faucet it spikes for one moment to ±170 request per second and than stables out to around 9 per second.

So it seems like the faucet controller sends out a wildcard with information like: "everything other than 192.168.x.x needs to be discarded" (since I'm only using local ip addresses).

Therefore I can't really do a (D)DoS attack.

Do you guys maybe know how I can change the settings of the faucet controller so it doesn't send out wildcard or how to change the time a flow is alive?

This could help me further with my research! Any help would be appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment