Thursday, June 18, 2020

Network printer question(s)

Howdy everyone!

So the company I work for has a Konica Minolta Bizhub C658 printer that’s on our network, which is working fine.

Come the end of July, the company is moving into a new building about 30mins away.

Since we still have a 2yr contract on these 2 printers, we have to keep them.

Now, I’m not a total networking nerd, but I know some things, so I ask this:

Once in the new building, we’ll have all new pc’s as well. Once the network is setup and the pc’s are setup properly to use these printers on the network, do we still need a small “printer server”? I’m in the belief that we don’t, but I’d like some clarification on this. I wanna make sure the IT company we contract with isn’t trying to pull one over on us. I already have had issues with the one guy and I think he’s an idiot and I know more than him.

Anyway, essentially what I’ve already done to prepare for the move is taking all our files from our server and created a Sharepoint, so we’re getting rid of the server and using Sharepoint instead.

Ultimately we’d love to scan from said printers directly to the Sharepoint, but that’s a different post altogether.

Any help I can get is much appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment