Thursday, June 18, 2020

Netflow

Hello,

I am playing around with Solarwinds Network Traffic Analyzer (NTA) but I am having difficulty understanding how to interpret the traffic statistics being presented from Netflow.

As a test, I uploaded a 1GB file to an SFTP server on my LAN. This traffic traverses two Core Switches which have Netflow enabled (Ingress) on the intermediate links e.g.

Client -------> CSwitch1 -------> CSwitch2 -----> Server

My expectation was that Solarwinds NTA would show 1GB of traffic between the Client and the Server on port 22 . Instead, Solarwinds NTA reports a total of 2GB, which I presume is 1GB going in to CSwitch1 and the same 1GB going in to CSwitch2, before reaching the destination.

Is that how it is supposed to read or have I misconfigured Netflow?



No comments:

Post a Comment