Thursday, June 4, 2020

Multi-WAN and the un-googleable problem

I recently purchased an RV345 Cisco small business router. it looked like it could do about everything I needed as I upgrade our office. As I dig, it turns out the device has dual-WAN ports, but ONLY supports two external IPs (confirmed via the Cisco forums

Please be advised that our Cisco Small Business routers do not support more than one IP address on the WAN port.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/configuring-multiple-static-wan-ip-address-on-rv320-router/td-p/2787939 )

I'm trying to find a small business or enterprise router that will allow for 5 or even 16 static-blocks. But after several days on google anymore it's only ads for how many ports their device has, or the promise of dual-WAN, and no useful information as to what's out there, and my boss won't let me flat-out buy another device to see if this one will be able to do it.

Can someone suggest a router that will do this? I know an ASA will do the trick but we've been burned by Cisco licensing in the past and it seems like overkill for all the features it has vs what we need -- a simple firewall w/ port forwarding that supports several WAN IPs instead of just one (or one per eth port). (or is an ASA the answer, and there is no "in between"?)



No comments:

Post a Comment