Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Most Reliable Setup

Hi all,

I’m looking at redoing the networking at my local fire company. We already have new Aruba APs installed, but the backhaul is a mess.

Currently we have one HP 48 port poe gigabit switch, a netgear 24 port gigabit, and a unifi 24 port poe. None of these are in full use and its all the same subnet. Honestly confused as to why so many but whatever before my time. We’re running a cisco 5510 currently.

I’m going to UPS the setup (because whatever genius installed all this didn’t put one in) but I’m looking for some more opinions.

For cost I want to do a USG pro, and unifi switches, since the udm pro isnt stable enough yet.

For reliability i want to do cisco.

I also have experience with PF and Untangle.

I think untangle is first to go due to its costs, but PF might work well for cost and stability.

Thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment