Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Monitoring, Alerting, Config backup, and IPAM all in one programs?

Hello folks, Recently I've been asked to find something that can manage all of our Cisco equipment. We currently use PRTG to monitor MIB libraries and switch up/down states and were looking for something with a little more.

In the past I've used solarwinds NPM to backup configs, push minor config changes, monitor links for bandwidth contention, and send alerts for up/down states. I don't remember their MIB library or whether or not it was able to alert on bad power supplies or switches in a stack going down. Solarwinds would have the added benefit of also being able to monitor our checkpoint firewalls.

I've also used Prime, but I've never used Prime for alerting or bandwidth. Only for backup, config automation, and maintaining WLC/APs.

What I'm wondering is, if either of these solutions could provide for my needs and if so, how are your experiences with them?



No comments:

Post a Comment