Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Looking for a terminal session manager that also shows icmp ping device status

I'm trying to find software that does a few things in one package. My goal is to have one place I can visually monitor status of several types of devices, and quickly initiate ssh sessions to multiple devices at a time.

On top of all the standard things most terminal software does, I'm looking for...

  • batch import of CSV device/session list (preferably into folders)
  • tabbed or windowed terminal sessions
  • visual overview of device status in the connections tree (icmp ping status)
  • terminal keyword highlighting
  • command storage and execution with hotkeys and/or customizable buttons
  • scripting support (a bonus but not necessary)

So far I've briefly tried

  • Remote Desktop Manager (really nice interface, having issues with batch import)
  • RoyalTS
  • mRemoteNG (only shows device status in details, not in overview/tree)
  • SecureCRT (this one seems to be the most powerful, but still missing the status as far as I can tell)

Anyone ever looked for something similar?

Am I asking too much?

Am I approaching this from the wrong angle?

Any help is greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment