Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Inter-VLAN routing across IPSec VPN

Hello everyone,

So I have the following scenario in office 1:

1 VPN for employees

1 VPN for servers

Inter-VLAN routing is allowed between those two VLANS so employees can authenticate using AD in the DC and use the DC's DNS server.

Now in office 2 I have an employee VLAN, and I'd like the employees there to be able to reach the servers VLAN in office 1 so they use the AD and DNS server in office 1 as if they were there.

How could I do that? I thought of making an IPSec VPN from office 2 to office 1 setting the servers VLAN subnet as the local subnet in the tunnel configuration, and then a tunnel from office 1 to office 2 setting the local subnet as the one for employees in the configuration. Employees VLAN in office 2 should be able to speak with servers vlan in office 1, and servers vlan in office 1 should be able to speak to employees vlan in office 2. Is that correct?

Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment