Monday, June 8, 2020

Intel X520-DA2 and 10gtek x520-DA1 connection resetting problems

Hey guys, I'm at a bit of a roadblock with my current network configuration. A few months ago I bought a used X520-DA2 and some intel trainsceivers to go with it and I noticed that when I connected my fiber the connection would just keep resetting. This stopped when I plugged it into the other port. Now again I bought another X520-DA2 from ebay and both ports are doing this and I was very perplexed. Trying to do 10gb full duplex would cause the card to reset the connection, but forcing it to 1gb would actually prove to be a stable connection. At this point I thought it was either the cable or the transceivers. I then bought a new 10gtek x520-DA1 variant that supports different transceivers so I bought that with 2 mikrotik S+85DLC03D. This connection also resets so I believe its just the cable at this point that has not been switched out (Im using standard LC-LC Duplex 50/125 Multimode OM3 fiber).
I'm using the latest drivers from Intel's website for my testing.

The Switch I'm using is a mikrotik CRS305-1G-4S+IN

What more can I do? Is there some configuration I'm missing or are these OM3 cables suddenly junk?



No comments:

Post a Comment