Thursday, June 11, 2020

i need help with routes, virtual switchs, TAP adapter

Hello guys, i require your help for a quick question, i'm a total newbie about the routing things and it's probably pretty simple for you.

So the problem is about my PC, i have it plugged to my router using ethernet, i'm using openvpn with tap adapter, the vpn is always on and also i have HyperV with 2 virtual switch that i use only for VMs (one internal switch which use my PC connection (the VPN)) and an external one (the one named extsw) which act like a second pc connected to my router, not sure if i have explained it very well as i'm a noob so maybe i don't use the right words but there is a screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/CEumQF3.png

Everything is working well for me but i'm wondering if it's normal that my network traffic pass by the Virtual switch named extsw while my VMs are OFF? it seems kinda odd, should i tweak something? do it somehow compromise the security? or everything is fine?

thanks for your time!



No comments:

Post a Comment