Thursday, June 4, 2020

I Need Advice: I always hated to code but now I need to learn it.

I have 3 CCNP certifications and 16 years of experience. I have never written a single line of code in my work, obviously I have done EEM scripts, but no python nor even Ansible. However, as time goes by I see that all vendors in general and especially Cisco are making use of programming, linking APIs, integrated programming tools for Nexus, ISE, FTD, etc. So I see the need to learn coding, plus I see the advantage that many tasks can be automated and as a technical lead I can teach that to my team. But, as I said at the beginning, I have always hated to code, since university. Therefore, I wanted to know if someone here has been through the same situation, someone who used to hate programming and now enjoys it? If so, if you can recommend a good course to start, that has awakened your desire to learn more so that you like to code frequently?

When I start a course on programming I usually end hating it after a week or so. Is there a good course or book for people like me? something that encourage me to keep learning coding while I'm an old network engineer. Please comment if you really have already felt the same in the past :-)

Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment