Tuesday, June 2, 2020

I have a tower on my property, ISP owner passed away. Some advice needed and details inside. Specifically ubiquiti radios.

I have a tower on my land from a small town local isp provider. I was on a first name basis with the guy and we often texted and I would help with issues on the tower. So long story short the guy has passed and the business went to his mom, it's mayhem.....but we are all trying to keep this thing going while his mom gets some time to hire someone to handle the business. Right now its just the tower owners and an investor trying to act as ISP professionals and.....yeah. We are doing what we can.


OK so im trying to keep my tower alive for now while they figure stuff out and from what I can tell the poe adapter went out on one of the smaller radios (ubiquiti). It's just a smaller wide range radio that shoots to a neighborhood below us. I don't know what its called, I know it's not the backhaul as that ones quite recognizable. I could take a picture, its a skinny rectangle shape. My question is what poe adapter do I get to replace this, the adaper doesnt tell me if its 24v or 48v, if there was a label, it's definitely gone now. Is the amperage standard on these things like is a 48v poe adapter always x amps?

Any help is appreciated, I know this is a strange one.



No comments:

Post a Comment