Thursday, June 4, 2020

How to manage 2 networks interconnectivity?

My client has 2 public IPs. Public IP A is their original network. Public IP B is another companies network that uses VPN to use some machines they have physically at my clients site.

In the A, they got a shared folder that is accessible throughout all the A network. They use a 10.0.0.0 type of address.

The B uses some 172.0.0.0 type of address.

I need those computers in B to access a folder to read and make changes to files in the A.

A structure is AT&T modem>TP link VPN router>computers that see shared folder B structure is AT&T modem>Palo Alto VPN router(don't have access to configuration)>computers that need access

What's the best way to accomplish this. I was initially making a VPN connection from B to A with tp link r600 built in VPN thinking I would see the computers and ping them but only got as far as getting an IP but not being able to ping. So I can look into it and figure it out if its best. Or if there's something better like FTP server setup or similar alternative. Please let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment