Friday, June 5, 2020

Does spectrum see the same config page as me when logging in from browser?

I work as a tier 1 network tech for a small company. I manage mostly the internet/phone systems for Dominos stores and I am getting really tired of spectrum configuring the modem improperly(and I know it is done improperly because they sometimes have the incorrect static IP's in the modem for example, or DHCP/firewall is just not turned off). Now, I have no idea what a spectrum technician sees from his/her end. I assume they have a lot more tools at their disposal, but I would like script the modem myself for the specific static IP's spectrum gave us, turn DHCP off, firewall off ect so that I know how it is done, and know that it is configured how we want it for our use case. I guess my question is, can I achieve the exact same results as a spectrum technician by just showing up on site with my laptop and connecting directly to the modem to configure it myself?



No comments:

Post a Comment