Friday, June 5, 2020

Comcast Business Gateway as Firewall

Hello r/networking,

Looking for some opinions on what others would do in my shoes and what problems I'm not seeing. I have a small customer who just moved into her first Office. The office is less then 300 square feet and I was wondering if anyone would recommend she just run off a Comcast Business Gateway? I ask r/msp and they recommended UDM (non pro) from Ubiquiti.

The work they do is 99% cloud based and they don't plan on running any internal servers. Just a few laptops that VPN to her clients and they complete their work on their customers networks. Its an accounting\law firm.

Is there any security risk running off a Comcast Business box? I was also considering deploying a USG or Edge Router with an AP as well.

Thanks for the feedback!!



No comments:

Post a Comment