Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Classifier-based portmirroring aruba 2930f switch

First, I'm a student networkmanager in my final year of the study and am on internship. (yes even with corona being a thing)

I've been asked to configure classifier-based portmirroring on the aruba 2930f switch and for the destination am using a wiresharkserver (from now on WSS) with a HPERM decoder to send the mirrored packets to.

I've succesfully managed to get packets from 1 workstation to the WSS with a class & policy which are applied to a switchport.

Now I've been trying to configure a IP-range for multiple workstations which are connected to the switch I'm working on instead of seeing packets from one workstation.

The instructions online mention the following: 'SAv4 mask | DAv4 mask'; Which should supposedly allow me to configure an intire range of IP-adresses and have the packets from this range be mirrored to the WSS.

According to the instructions's example: 10.10.10.1/24 = 10.10.10.1-255

Which should be correct to my knowledge (I might just be confused at this point)

However when I configure this in a match statement within a class on the 2930f, apply it to an interface and scan for packets with wireshark I get nothing. Then when I modify the class to: (example syntax) match ip 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.0 any

I do get a load of packages, I'm doing something wrong with the ip-range configuration and can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

I hope I explained my problem clearly.

EDIT: I mention online instructions, These is the instructions I'm referring to, on page 351.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00038764en_us



No comments:

Post a Comment