Thursday, June 11, 2020

Cisco Firepower IPS

Hello,

 

I have some questions about the IPS tuning on Cisco Firepower. (I have more experience on the Palo Alto side)

 

What do you think about the Firepower Recommandations Rules ? Someone using this on a weekly to make some changes ?

 

I was thinking to do some layer like :

 

-Malware (every malware signature = drop and generate events)

 

-Exploit kit (every exploit signature = drop and generate events)

 

-Sql injection (every sql injection signature = drop and generate events)

 

-Custom Application

 

-FW recommandations (threshold on medium)

 

-Base Policy

 

I think it's can be messy to manage manually each signature in big environment. You can have some custom but for the rest. I believe the FW recommandations can add some value because he has the host map context. (which protocol, application , ...)

 

What do you thinking ?

 

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment