Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Cisco Catalyst 3750 issues

I was given a Cisco Catalyst 3750 switch by a previous coworker as they were decomissioning them at work. He set it up with 2 VLANs and then configured the routing table (?) to be able to have traffic go to both. Ports 1-4 are in VLAN 100 which gives 192.168.x.x IPs from my wireless router and the other 20 ports were in VLAN 10 which gave 10.1.1.x IPs. Long story short, my modem didn't have some feature (cascade networks?) and didn't support that. So any port I wanted to use I had to move to from VLAN 10 to VLAN 100. Since the switch also seemed to be in VLAN 10 whenever I wanted to change something on it I had to hardline to a port and then make changes.

I reached out to my coworker and he had me run a command to move all the ports from VLAN 10 to VLAN 100 so that they could all get internet and also allow me access to the switch without a hardline. Well this broke all connectivity to the switch for me. I can't SSH via the hardline or by being on the WiFi network. I can see what I believe is the switch on my wireless router settings but it has an IP of 10.1.1.22.

Is there anything I can do without having to purchase a serial cable to fix this?

Also, as I guess another second question. It seems that something in my network is limiting the amount of devices that receive IP addresses. Every day it seems we have something new with a self-assigned IP and no internet and every time I check my wireless router (Netgear Orbi) it shows a max of 50 devices connected. Could the switch be doing this?

FWIW my network looks like this:

ISP modem is on port 1 of Cisco 3750

Netgear Orbi is on port 2 of Cisco 3750 in AP mode - all wireless devices connect to this.

Misc Raspberry Pis on ports 3-6



No comments:

Post a Comment