Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Cheapest 8 total port - 4 port (SFP28) / 4 port (1 GB RJ45) Networking switch?

I have been trying to determine the best switch in my budget ($200 or less) that can provide at least 2 SFP28 ports (would like 4 for future proofing if I decide to add an additional 25 gb device) and about 4 1 GB RJ45 ports. Ideally, I would like something that is a bit on the older or cheaper side that can be upgraded by adding or swapping out PCI-e cards with the SFP28 NIC's. I am not sure something like this exists, so please help me find it!

**I would prefer managed but probably unrealistic at that price point. I only really want to be able to set up some basic bandwidth rules and restrictions between LAN users and devices and nothing too crazy (QoS).

Looking for reliability and performance, so I would prefer to stay away from netgear. Lastly, if it has more ports, that is okay - I just don't want to pay a premium for 24 ports or something crazy that I don't have a need for.



No comments:

Post a Comment