Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Can't connect to old Switch via ssh on CentOS 7

Hi everyone,

i'm trying to connect to one old network switch (Extreme Networks G1) with SSH on a CentOS machine.

At first, I saw that it wasn't connecting, using "ssh x.x.x.x" the cursor flashes without responding in any way and not even timing out.

so I decide to try from putty on windows and it tells me "The first key-exchange algorithm supported by the server is diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 " but I can click "continue" and it connects.

So I try a little and add the algorithm to the "ssh_config" file on centos, but it still doesn't work.

I did a lookup of the policies on the internal firewall, and the path is open, in fact other devices on the same subnet dialogue with CentOS, but this switch does not ... I can't even find logs that can tell me what's going on because CentOS does not close the "connection test" even after half an hour.

What should i check? I know that i should update the Switch, but i need to make this work for now...

Thank you to anyone who will try to help :)



No comments:

Post a Comment