Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Can you manually limit the packets received to your router? Need help with possible packet burst issues.

For context, im having an issue when only playing COD modern warfare online. The best theory the community has came up with, is with the way activision runs their servers, they send tons of packets at once, which for lower bandwidth users causes stutters/delays in game, making it unplayable. Idk the full explanation, but thats what i take from it.

I have a tp link archer A7 with 100 down 10 up, and 0% packet loss on my end, so it has to be game/server related because no other games give me issues. Back to my question: Can i limit the incoming packets to my router? Ive tried a dozen different things, and nothing worked. Theoretically, to me it makes sense, the thought that limiting my incoming bandwidth would stop my setup from essentially being overwhelmed and causing stutters. Idk wtf im talking about, so im looking for all input. Thx.



No comments:

Post a Comment