Monday, June 22, 2020

Can VLANs fix my horrible network configuration??

Hello! I am currently switching to Ubiquiti and I would like to change the way my network is set up. I currently have 1 fiber modem giving signal on 2 ports. One for internet, and one for VoIP. Each port has its own router and own switch. This is hard for me to manage because whenever there is a VoIP issue, I cannot use the switch dashboard due to the fact that the VoIP router only can work on Polycom phones and doesn't support browsing through WAN on other decices. As a small business IT manager working in a growing environment, I am unfimiliar on how VLAN are supposed to be configured and how to properly utilize them. Is it possible to use 2 uplink ports on the UDM-Pro (Ubiquiti's router/switch) and use VLANs to seperate the 2 networks apon the 2 switches? I will be using 1 UDM Pro and 2 48 Port Pro switches. Everything will be connected via DAC. I am willing to modify the setup or to get another piece of equipment to get this to work. Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment