Saturday, June 20, 2020

Can I Use a router to create a Test environment?

Hey everybody, I have some basic networking knowledge and am studying for my Net+ but wanted some advice on an issue. In my org I’m just a technician. I have essentially zero decision making power in my organization. However I do have the power to run scripts across the computers in the sites I manage. Additionally I’m trying to increase my knowledge on MDT.

I’ve asked for a test environment in order to be able to test across multiple devices. However our current network admin has an aversion to this idea for some reason and won’t permit it. So the easy option of a new Vlan and a few firewall rules work work.

A thought I’ve had is to create a router using some old equipment we have and PFsense. My thought is that if using the router to create a network with a different subnet than our primary subnet then I could essential do what I’m trying to do. This sounds like a plan that would work but I’m curious to hear what problems this could have if it would even work at all?



No comments:

Post a Comment