Thursday, June 4, 2020

About to use the DevNet SD-WAN sandbox for the first time....

Hi, so i'm relatively new to REST and the requests library in Python. I definitely have decent Python skills after studying it almost night and day for the last 2 months and have got to a stage where I've gotten very comfortable using the SSH libraries (Netmiko, Napalm, Nornir) and want to kind of fill in the last bit of the puzzle (REST). After studying and playing around with the requests library the last week or so I've come to the stage where i want to get my hands on an actual appliance that has a REST-API and Ciscos DevNet SD-WAN sandbox has what it appears to be what i'm looking for.

HOWEVER, after reserving a spot in the next hour or so i'm looking at the topology now and i have to be honest....I'm not sure entirely what i'm looking at.....

What ios are these routers using...
Where is the API documentation for them...

Can i access the devices after i've VPN'd in using AnyConnect using PyCharm on my desktop or are they accessed via my web browser....
Which one do i even start on...

Sadly these are the questions (without ever having worked on an SD-WAN before) that I find myself not knowing.

Any help with any of them would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys



No comments:

Post a Comment