Saturday, May 2, 2020

Why can i manage a domain on multiple platforms?

Hi all,

I'm a sysadmin for a while now and I study hard to keep up and keep learning new things. I am by no means a networking expert. Today I ran into something that was really weird in my opinion. We host one of our domains at a Dutch supplier. We manually add and modify records and it's all fine.

Because of some certificate issues in a webserver hosted at AWS, I was involved in that environment for the first time, and a colleague showed me around. Then, I noticed that they have multiple records for the same domain I host at my Dutch supplier, I only saw local records though. So, to the DNS guru's out there: how is it possible that one single domain has records at multiple domain hosters?



No comments:

Post a Comment