Saturday, May 9, 2020

Ubuntu GRE Tunnel - Not Reachable

Hello,

I am having trouble routing my game-servers through GRE.

What I am attempting to do:

I have a DDoS Protected IP from a service known as Vultr. I am attempting to route my game-server through the DDoS Protected IP from Vultr with a GRE tunnel. (I am running the Pterodactyl panel).

Here are the commands I have run on both servers:

VPS (w/ DDoS Protected IP Address):

  1. echo 'net.ipv4.ip_forward=1' >> /etc/sysctl.conf
  2. sysctl -p
  3. iptunnel add gre1 mode gre local UNFILTERED_IP remote DESTINATION_SERVER_LOCAL_IP ttl 255
  4. ip addr add 192.168.168.1/30 dev gre1
  5. ip link set gre1 up

Destination Server (Game Server Host):

  1. echo 'net.ipv4.ip_forward=1' >> /etc/sysctl.conf
  2. sysctl -p
  3. iptunnel add gre1 mode gre local DESTINATION_SERVER_LOCAL_IP remote UNFILTERED_IP ttl 255
  4. ip addr add 192.168.168.2/30 dev gre1
  5. ip link set gre1 up

If I did not provide enough information, please let me know and I will update the post ASAP.

ANY Help is appreciated; Thank you so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment