Saturday, May 9, 2020

SRX DHCP client renew the 'old' way

How do you get an SRX using the 'old' dhcp daemon to renew the dynamic IP on its outside interface?

request dhcp client renew all is the new way which does not work with the older dhcp, but I can not find any reference to how to do it the old way. I have disconnected the interface and restarted the dhcp service but neither causes a renewal.

I am trying to get propagate-settings to work so that the DNS servers that my outside interface gets from its dynamic IP from the upstream dhcp server will be set in the global settings of the dhcp server running on the SRX and available to my internal clients in the dhcp options they receive.

I configured dhcp server on my SRX320 in "system services dhcp ..." which is apparently the older of two ways that it can be done. I forgot the 'update-server' directive on the interface and now that I have added it, I think I need to get it to renew the IP so that it updates its dhcp server with the dns server ips.

Thanks,

--BobG



No comments:

Post a Comment