Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Setting up firewall on server in packet tracer

Hello,

This is my homework and I hope this falls for displaying effort, i really can't find any solution to this and no, teacher doesn't provide any lessons to that, he just gives us exercises like that, that we're supposed to figure out ourselves.

How do i set up firewall on server in this network? The color blocks represent different departments, each of them should get different permissions for ftp, http and pinging the server while they're supposed to ping each other.

I thought I will have to just type in particular addresses and particular local ports but i guess it doesn't work like that? My guess is that in order for that to work i would need to set different ips on different departments, so for example yellow would be 20.0.0.0, blue 30.0.0.0 etc. and set rules for each particular network, but as far as i understand they wouldn't be able to ping each other. Other solution that i thought of is different subnet masks, and that with wildcard mask setting i should be able to differentiate those departments but it doesn't work.

What's the solution to this? I can't add/delete anything from the network. If you know any articles that might help me please link them!



No comments:

Post a Comment