Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Question from a noob who wants in in networking

Hi everybody My name Yacine, i'm 32 and a father of two, i live in Paris suburbs area, France.

I have been a supply chain manager and a teacher for most of my career, but now i really want to change path for numerous reasons.

I've been interested in networking recently and read a lot of articles/watched videos about it. I understand that networking is demanding learning wise and that i will have to put the hours in to get good at my job, get my certifications and stay sharp with my skills my whole career.

My plan is to do a one year school training starting in September which will give me a professional title of "network and system administrator". Then get into the market and keep studying until i make it to engineer.

My questions are the following :

1- after you get an engineer position, how many hours a week do you have to study/tinker on average? I'm ok into puting 2/3 hours of technology watch every weekend to keep up with the industry. Would it be enough ?

2- is the work/life balance good ? I have some health problems (neurological/auto immune condition) and need time to take care of my health. If the job is 60+ hours a week each week AND stressful i will not be able to stay consistent on the long term i think.

Thanks a lot for your responses !



No comments:

Post a Comment