Thursday, May 28, 2020

Planning to implement VLANs on a flat /16 network- is my strategy the best way forward?

Hello,

I'm in the planning phase of implementing VLANs onto our network. We have all Cisco gear, about 10 switches in total.

Since this is my first implementation, I wanted to get some professional eyes on my plan to make sure I'm not missing any steps.

  • Create scopes in DHCP for new VLANS

  • Setup DHCP helper

  • Create all planned VLANs on ASA (separate interface so I can move to the non VLANd interface if things don't go right)

  • Backup all switches with Unimus before implementation

  • Start with a single switch- set to trunk all VLANS and slowly roll out access port settings to switches

  • Hyper-V Servers get trunks for the VMs

  • Management IPs are inaccessible my other VLANs

  • Move interface from ASA to the VLANd interface

  • Hope everything works!

And that is the basic roll out. Am I missing any crucial steps in my process?

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment