Wednesday, May 13, 2020

PBR based on BGP communities?

So I have a situation where I'd like to control both directions of a traffic flow *within my network* based on BGP communities. I've figured out that I can create route filters based on the community to control which path the routes are announced on to control inbound traffic, but I can't seem to figure out a way to also control which path the outbound traffic takes.

What I'm looking for is "if community 1234:5678 is on a prefix from peer C, announce it to peer A and also direct all outbound from that prefix traffic toward A, otherwise announce it to peer B and direct outbound traffic from that prefix towards B."

I'm using Aruba CX 8325 switches, but I'm curious if this is even possible with other vendors.



No comments:

Post a Comment