Monday, May 11, 2020

New Sys Admin Implementing a New Fiber Circuit with a Different ISP

I am a new and the only IT/Sys Admin person for my small company in a small rural town. We upgraded to fiber and in doing that had to switch to the other ISP provider in our area. The fiber hardware and circuit are installed and tested and we have the new IP block and subsequent network information. My question is, our current copper circuit is connected to our switch. We were given a hand off port on the new fiber modem, but I am not sure what to do with this, or how to connect the new fiber connection to our existing switch (hardware wise). We have a firewall and all other necessary hardware that is managed by vendors, I just need to figure out the physical switching of the patch cables to enable the fiber connection... Any help is appreciated.

We do have a media convert fiber to copper on our new fiber modem to allow us to use our current hardware.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment