Monday, May 18, 2020

Looking for Tips or Tools for 1U Switch single hand installation

So I've racked many switches in our 2 and 4 post racks, and came across something for a 4 post rack below, to help me solo install a switch when there is nothing below it. When changing generations of switches that are 1U spaced, or have space above the previous generation is simple because you can put the switches on top of the existing ones to hold them up to screw in. But I'm looking for something I can install quickly and use it to hold the first switch in a stack.

I found a 4 post solution setup.exe - https://patchbox.com/setup-exe but am also looking for a 2 post rack solution to help me out.

I've also used the switch boxes to help prop a switch up from the UPS to a decent height. What are some other tips a tricks to install switches by yourself?



No comments:

Post a Comment