Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Looking for a cellular interface device

Hey all-I'm in the unfortunate position of needing to setup a wifi network in a location with no access to landlines. Cellular coverage is excellent, though, so we're looking into that for an uplink. In doing some googling, though, there doesn't seem an obvious standard. The plan was just to go with a local provider and hope they supplied a router with an RJ-45 out, but none of them seem to, so I'm looking for any suggestions in that department. Forwards compatibility to 5G (in Europe) also a bonus, but seemingly no providers at present offer that, so 4G is likely going to be our best choice. Internal to the router will be a PFSense box, so I could do dual uplinks but I'd probably need a second upstream router to make that work. I'm normally a Unifi guy, so I'm a bit out of my element here-any suggestions would be appreciated...



No comments:

Post a Comment