Tuesday, May 19, 2020

ISP Circuit Managment

Hello,

I am curious to understand how some of you handle ISP circuit allocation and management on a global scale. The network I work on has sites throughout the US, EU and APAC. When I first started working here, many of the sites used local and regional carriers, which made management quite difficult. Each site has different providers and some of those providers did not speak English or have a web portal for opening tickets. I thought a better, more manageable solution was to choose two well known global providers that had good support and web features and standardize each site with a primary/secondary using those two providers.

I thought that was a good idea. If a circuit went down, you knew exactly who to contact. However, I am now finding out that going this route with specific providers may be costing a lot more per circuit and could be compromising path diversity.

Bonus Points: Do you use a third party to source and manage your circuit contracts?



No comments:

Post a Comment