Friday, May 29, 2020

ISP change for business with remote branch and peering

Hi all,

I am looking into changing our ISP in our office in Switzerland. We also have a branch in Argentina and now I am a bit confused regarding the peering. the ARG office has a dedicated line from the office to their ISP.

What is important in regards of "good" peering between the ARG ISP and the new Swiss ISP? I checked the PeeringDB and found both AS-numbers but I am struggling to make sense of it really...

The ARG ISP has one exchange point in moscow, which is MSK-IX Moscow and I thought maybe I could check the peers of this point to see if it matches the peers in any of the Swiss ISP exchange points, but I am not sure if this is the right approach since I couldn't really find anything that matches?

I also saw in the PeeringDB that our current ISP's scope is global and one of the possible new ones has a scope for Europe. is that already an indication that the new ISP might not be a good choice?

thanks for the help!



No comments:

Post a Comment