Saturday, May 9, 2020

GPON - ONT/ONU in Status O3 should it work?

I thought I post that question here, because I thought it would be too technical for /r/HomeNetworking. Feel free to delete it if it doesn't fit in here.

I have been reading up a bit about GPON and the G.984.3 specification. So if I understand it correctly to set up the line with the OLT it goes through the states 01-05, where O5 is the operating state.

So far so good.

Now I noticed that for 2 months now (according to the manufacturer - this might be untrue!) my ONT at home is operating at the O3 state (serial number state, waiting for ID/authentication).

I couldn't find if the state 03 is a working state (but the OLT is not assigning an ID/no authentication with the whitelist) or if an ONT in state 03 means that the line is not set up correctly and it shouldn't work.

Maybe someone has an idea, I'm pondering over that for a while now.



No comments:

Post a Comment